2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Adopting our first baby!!!

Clay and I have made a decision to start the process of adopting a baby. We thought a lot about international adoption but in the end we made a choice to go with a domestic. At least this time around. We are so excited! We are still very early in the process, so we have not yet picked an agency.
I wanted nine but Clay said we should just start with one and see how it goes...
Wise man :).

5 comments:

Amy said...

YAY! Congrats, you two! I hope the process goes quickly and smoothly for you.

Unknown said...

That's exciting! I kind of figured from our last conversation that you might be headed in that direction. We'll pray for blessings for you guys through the whole process.

Alicia Jahnke said...

Hey! My email server, gmail, spammed you! So, I just found you. Hey, I'm sure you're doing a lot of research on your adoption agency, but I just wanted to throw one your way. In Tulsa, a woman attended our church, Cheryl Bauman, who was in charge of Crisis Pregnancy outreach. We've had several friends adopt through them. We just saw a 8 week old that some friends of ours have been praying for for years last week. I would be glad to put you in touch with her or any of our friends that have adopted with them. The website is http://www.crisispregnancyoutreach.org/ Just a thought! I'm so excited for you both! It's a big deal! I can't wait to hear some news, and we'll keep you in our prayers!
Alicia Jahnke

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cool and we are so excited for you! Thanks for taking care of my hubby . Can't wait to come and join the fun.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! A close friend of mine has adopted two from Russia. She loves talking about it and answering questions. I'm sure she can give you info even for domestic adoptions. If you would like I can send your info to her and vise versa. I'll be praying for your mission trip. Becca Davis